Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed September 4, 2013
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1198
Believe it or not, some, if not most schools across the country have entire departments dedicated to nothing but playing games. These games are called sports…and they seem to be pretty popular. But seriously now…
As we begin another college and professional football season, there is still a lot of talk about how to rid the sports world of performance enhancing drugs. All of the college and major sports leagues in the US have drug testing programs…but how exactly do those programs work?
Today on the Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll take a look at drug testing programs in sports from the point of view of the scientists who conduct them.
We’ll also spend an academic minute finding out the cost of hiring a smoker.