Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed January 29, 2014
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1219
It wasn’t that long ago that scientists unlocked the human genome. Now, your unique genetic sequence can be mapped, paving the way for personalized health care…and perhaps high tech identity theft.
Today on the Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll talk to Dr. Bruce Korf from the department of Genomics at the University of Alabama at Birmingham about the challenges of maintaining privacy in the information age.
We’ll also visit a school in the northeast that has been getting along quite well without a principal…and we’ll spend an academic minute making you want to scream.