Most Active Stories
- Amber Alert Canceled After Body Of Missing 5-Year-Old Found
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- NY Fracking Ban Decision Elicits Different Reactions
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed April 9, 2014
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1229
Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts have been a part of children’s lives for a long time…and they’re probably not going away anytime soon. But what they say is true…times have changed. Now there’s a new kind of scouting that helps enrich a child’s digital life.
Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll hear about D-I-Y dot O-R-G, and how it’s taken the concept of scouting into the new century.
Then we’ll head to Oregon, where teachers using the common core standards are starting with one important skill: language.
And we'll spend an Academic Minute with the language of distance.