Most Active Stories
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Federal Prosecutor Details Charges Against Assembly Speaker, As Assembly Democrats Close Ranks
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- Karen Hitchcock: Is College-Completion Enough?
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed April 30, 2014
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1232
Usually when we talk about class on this program, it’s one of those things they have in school. Today, not so much. Social status , or class isn’t something we really talk about much in the US. OK during election season we hear the term middle class thrown around like crazy, but other than that it’s almost a taboo topic. But ignoring the issue doesn’t change the issue…class matters. Today on the Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll talk to the author of a new book about class in the US…and a new study which focused on the class divisions in the activist community.
We'll also spend an academic minute looking at the stigma of prejudice.