Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- NYS Assemblyman, POK Mayor Pan Talk Of Gun Storage Ordinance
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed June 4, 2014
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1237
It's no secret that some of the greatest writers the world has known have also been some of the biggest drinkers. But is there a connection between the remarkable creativity of an Earnest Hemingway or John Cheever and the contents of their favorite bottle?
Today on the Best Of Our Knowledge, we'll from author Olivia Laing who tackles that question in her latest book.
We'll also spend an academic minute trying to find out why some things just make you laugh.