Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Arts & Culture
Thu December 13, 2012
It seems like Bettye LaVette's time has finally come. Some 50 years after her first and only hit, “My Man — He's a Loving Man,” the Detroit singer with the powerhouse voice is getting long-overdue recognition thanks in part to her no-holds-barred autobiography, A Woman Like Me, which chronicles a rugged half-century in the music business.
A couple of high-profile gigs in 2008 — singing at Barack Obama's presidential inauguration and a Kennedy Center tribute to The Who — certainly didn't hurt.
Songs in the segment from the album, "Thankful N' Thoughtful".