Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Mon November 12, 2012
The Big Read's Psychology and Impact of War Keynote Panel Discussion
The Big Read is a month-long series of programs that brings together an entire community to read and discuss a single book. This November, The Big Read comes to Albany with the book The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien and includes an assortment of book discussions, films, performances, and exhibitions.
One of the events, taking place on Wednesday, November 14th, will be a Psychology and Impact of War Keynote Panel Discussion. In this panel discussion, they'll present four panelists: Dr. Ed Tick, PTSD expert and author, John Ostwald, professor and veteran, Sean Tuckey, veteran, and Ryan Smithson, author and veteran who will all focus on different aspects and adjustments of soldiers not only on the battlefield but after their return home. The event will take place at The College of St. Rose in the Lally Education Building on Madison Avenue in Albany, NY from 7–9pm. Dr. Ed Tick, John Ostwald, and Alisha Abdul join us.