Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New England News
Fri November 17, 2006
Bill Designating More Wilderness In Green Mountain National Forest Passes
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – A bill to expand designated wilderness areas in New Hampshire's White Mountain National Forest and Vermont's Green Mountain National Forest was passed by Congress this week. Passage of the Wilderness Bill had been delayed during the regular Congressional session following political bickering between Vermont's Congressional delegation and Governor. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.