Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Fri November 17, 2006
Bill Designating More Wilderness In Green Mountain National Forest Passes
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – A bill to expand designated wilderness areas in New Hampshire's White Mountain National Forest and Vermont's Green Mountain National Forest was passed by Congress this week. Passage of the Wilderness Bill had been delayed during the regular Congressional session following political bickering between Vermont's Congressional delegation and Governor. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.