Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Mon July 9, 2012
Bill Mahoney - The New York Public Interest Research Group
The latest round of financial disclosure forms from members of the New York State Legislature will be the last, before a new law begins that aims to open up even further the information the public and the press can view about the outside business dealings of state lawmakers. Information about the most recent disclosure forms was detailed in the Sunday Times Union, and highlighted questions that remain over the financial connections lawmakers may have with outside interests, some of whom may, or could , do business with the state. For more on the issue, WAMC’s Brian Shields spoke with Bill Mahoney, research coordinator with the New York Public Interest Research Group.