Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri February 25, 2005
Bill Would Require Hospital-Related Infections Reporting
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – A bi-partisan effort is underway to require hospitals in New York State to report cases in which patients acquire hospital-related infections. The two lawmakers behind the bill will introduce the measure next week. Those speaking for hospitals in the state say the idea is a good one, but there are inherent problems in the bill. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne reports.