Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
Fri December 7, 2012
Bio-tech Firm to Create More Jobs in Vermont
The Vermont developer working with a South Korean bio-technology company to build a plant in Newport says the company expects to create 450 permanent and 50 seasonal jobs.
That's double the amount of jobs AnC Bio proposed earlier this year.
Vermont Public Radio reports developer Bill Stenger says the company will need more clean rooms for research and development than originally thought. He addressed a panel of state and local officials that are working together on workforce development and related needs for transportation, housing, and services.
AnC Bio develops and manufactures artificial organs.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.