Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Fri December 7, 2012
Bio-tech Firm to Create More Jobs in Vermont
The Vermont developer working with a South Korean bio-technology company to build a plant in Newport says the company expects to create 450 permanent and 50 seasonal jobs.
That's double the amount of jobs AnC Bio proposed earlier this year.
Vermont Public Radio reports developer Bill Stenger says the company will need more clean rooms for research and development than originally thought. He addressed a panel of state and local officials that are working together on workforce development and related needs for transportation, housing, and services.
AnC Bio develops and manufactures artificial organs.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.