Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Tue March 7, 2006
Biotech in Pittsfield
By Carrie Saldo
Pittsfield, MA – Massachusetts is home to the second largest number of biotechnology firms in the nation. And according to the Massachusetts Biotechnology Council, biotech could directly and indirectly create nearly 100,000 new in-state jobs and raise more than $1 billion in income tax revenues by 2010.
And as our Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo reports, with a Pittsfield, Massachusetts native opting to re-locate his biotechnology business, the city is getting in on that action;