Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New York News
Thu July 12, 2012
Blackhawks to train in Marcy
New York Army National Guard Blackhawk helicopters are taking part in a training exercise with local fire departments in Oneida County. WAMC's Ian Pickus has more...
The helicopters will be landing in the Eaton Road area of Marcy, 80 miles northwest of Albany, Thursday afternoon. It's part of a training exercise with the Army Reserve's 401st Civil Affairs Battalion and the Maynard and Stittville Volunteer Fire Departments.
The Blackhawks are in an air ambulance unit out of Rochester. They're equipped to carry stretchers and provide emergency medical assistance to casualties while en route to a hospital.
The 401st Civil Affairs Battalion, out of Webster, is conducting the exercise to practice new skills and develop a better working relationship with the Army National Guard and the local community.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.