Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
Hudson Valley News
Mon August 20, 2012
Board approves new Tappan Zee Bridge
A transportation board has approved a plan to build a new Tappan Zee Bridge. WAMC's Dave Lucas has more.
The New York Metropolitan Transportation Council approved the project on Monday.
The county executives of Westchester, Rockland and Putnam said previously they would vote in favor of the project.
Their vote was crucial for the project to qualify for federal funds.
Under the current plan, the bridge will have a dedicated bus lane during rush hours.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo has agreed to the formation of a task force that will make mass transit recommendations.
The environmental group Riverkeeper on Friday criticized officials for giving only three days' notice for the vote.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.