Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Hudson Valley News
Mon August 20, 2012
Board approves new Tappan Zee Bridge
A transportation board has approved a plan to build a new Tappan Zee Bridge. WAMC's Dave Lucas has more.
The New York Metropolitan Transportation Council approved the project on Monday.
The county executives of Westchester, Rockland and Putnam said previously they would vote in favor of the project.
Their vote was crucial for the project to qualify for federal funds.
Under the current plan, the bridge will have a dedicated bus lane during rush hours.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo has agreed to the formation of a task force that will make mass transit recommendations.
The environmental group Riverkeeper on Friday criticized officials for giving only three days' notice for the vote.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.