Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Mon July 23, 2012
Boat capsizes off Stamford, 1 presumed dead
A firefighter from New Rochelle, N.Y. is presumed dead after slamming a boat into a breakwater in Stamford Harbor. WAMC's Dave Lucas reports.
Four passengers from the 24-foot pleasure boat were pulled from Long Island Sound about two hours after the boat capsized late Sunday night.
Stamford police say 30-year-old Keith Morris, who was driving the boat, remained missing Monday.
Police say the boaters were headed home to New Rochelle after spending time at the Crab Shell, a local restaurant, when the boat hit the break wall and overturned at about 11:30 p.m. Police say alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
Crews including a Coast Guard helicopter from Cape Cod were searching the harbor Monday, but police said the rescue mission had turned into a recovery effort.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.