Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
New England News
Wed July 17, 2013
Body Recovered From Connecticut River Identified
Authorities in Massachusetts have confirmed the body of a child recovered earlier this month from the Connecticut River is that of a California girl who went missing during a family gathering.
A spokesperson for the Northwestern District Attorney announced Wednesdsay that the body found in the Connecticut River on July 10th is that of 5 year old Abigail Luker of La Mesa, California. The spokesperson said the death was determined to be a tragic accident with no foul play whatsoever involved. The girl was believed to have fallen into the river from a dock off Cove Island Road in South Hadley on July 6th. The river was swollen and the currents running strong as a result of heavy rains in June. The body was recovered four days later about 500 yards downstream from the dock.