Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Wed July 17, 2013
Body Recovered From Connecticut River Identified
Authorities in Massachusetts have confirmed the body of a child recovered earlier this month from the Connecticut River is that of a California girl who went missing during a family gathering.
A spokesperson for the Northwestern District Attorney announced Wednesdsay that the body found in the Connecticut River on July 10th is that of 5 year old Abigail Luker of La Mesa, California. The spokesperson said the death was determined to be a tragic accident with no foul play whatsoever involved. The girl was believed to have fallen into the river from a dock off Cove Island Road in South Hadley on July 6th. The river was swollen and the currents running strong as a result of heavy rains in June. The body was recovered four days later about 500 yards downstream from the dock.