Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Wed July 17, 2013
Body Recovered From Connecticut River Identified
Authorities in Massachusetts have confirmed the body of a child recovered earlier this month from the Connecticut River is that of a California girl who went missing during a family gathering.
A spokesperson for the Northwestern District Attorney announced Wednesdsay that the body found in the Connecticut River on July 10th is that of 5 year old Abigail Luker of La Mesa, California. The spokesperson said the death was determined to be a tragic accident with no foul play whatsoever involved. The girl was believed to have fallen into the river from a dock off Cove Island Road in South Hadley on July 6th. The river was swollen and the currents running strong as a result of heavy rains in June. The body was recovered four days later about 500 yards downstream from the dock.