Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Wed July 17, 2013
Body Recovered From Connecticut River Identified
Authorities in Massachusetts have confirmed the body of a child recovered earlier this month from the Connecticut River is that of a California girl who went missing during a family gathering.
A spokesperson for the Northwestern District Attorney announced Wednesdsay that the body found in the Connecticut River on July 10th is that of 5 year old Abigail Luker of La Mesa, California. The spokesperson said the death was determined to be a tragic accident with no foul play whatsoever involved. The girl was believed to have fallen into the river from a dock off Cove Island Road in South Hadley on July 6th. The river was swollen and the currents running strong as a result of heavy rains in June. The body was recovered four days later about 500 yards downstream from the dock.