Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
WAMC Programs - The Book Show
Tue April 10, 2012
The Book Show #1238 - Rachel Maddow
This is a special Off the Shelf edition of The Book Show – taped before a live audience at the Manchester Elementary Middle School in Manchester, Vermont presented by The Northshire Bookstore.
Journalist Rachel Maddow has hosted her own radio and TV shows for the better part of the last 10 years, going from local radio to Air America to MSNBC, where she has hosted The Rachel Maddow Show since 2008. It is now the most popular show on the network. She has just written a new book in which she argues that America's national defense has become disconnected from public oversight. Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power traces how U.S. national intelligence agencies have taken over duties that were once assigned to the military, and how this shift has increased the public disconnect from the consequences of war.
The Book Show