Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
WAMC Programs - The Book Show
Tue December 24, 2013
The Book Show #1327 - Pete Hamill
Pete Hamill is a veteran New York journalist and novelist. He's the author of numerous books, including Downtown: My Manhattan and his memoir, A Drinking Life. His nine novels include Snow in August, Forever and Tabloid City. His new book is The Christmas Kid: And Other Brooklyn Stories, a collection of Brooklyn-based stories spanning thirty years.
Never before together in one volume—and featuring a previously unpublished story, "Up the Roof"— these are Hamill's tales about Brooklyn, the borough in which he was born and raised, and the one closest to his heart. The New York Daily News first published many of the pieces in this collection on Sundays in the 1980s.
Previously aired as The Book Show #1274.