Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
The Book Show
Wed February 22, 2006
The Book Show #919
Albany, NY – The Victorian-era true story of how Sir Arthur Conan Doyle took it upon himself to defend the wrongfully-accused George Edalji, a half-British, half-Indian son of a vicar, is the subject of "Arthur & George," Julian Barne's new book. Barnes talks with Gretchen about what the case has to say about British attitudes towards race in that period.