Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
The Book Show
Wed April 19, 2006
The Book Show #927
Albany, NY – It may be too often said that you can't go home again, but in Melissa Holbrook Pierson's new book "The Place You Love Is Gone," the feeling is examined more closely than usual. The book is a meditation on what has happened to three of Pierson's former homes: Akron, OH; Hoboken, NJ; and Ulster County in New York. Gretchen talks to the author about why the changes in landscape and community brought on by economic and social forces have changed them irrevocably.