Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
The Book Show
Wed May 17, 2006
The Book Show #931
Albany, NY – Hilma Wolitzer's books "Heart's Ending" and "Tunnel of Love" earned her critical acclaim and a devoted following, but she experienced a long period of writer's block, which she talks candidly about in this interview. Her new novel "The Doctor's Daughter," is her first in 12 years, and tells the story of a book doctor in her 50s who begins to have doubts about her marriage, career and relationship with her deteriorating father.