Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
The Book Show
Wed May 24, 2006
The Book Show #932
Albany, NY – Jodi Picoult, author of "My Sister's Keeper" and "Vanishing Acts," comes onto The Book Show to discuss her newest novel "The Tenth Circle." It tells the story of the Stone family, which is rocked when Trixie Stone, daughter of Daniel and Laura, is date-raped. Daniel finds himself facing an angry part of himself he thought long gone, and Laura must deal with her guilt over being with her lover when her daughter needed her. Picoult discusses the research done for the novel and the book's unique nature as a novel-comic hybrid.