Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
The Book Show
Wed November 22, 2006
The Book Show #958
Albany, NY – Alison Lurie, who won the Pulitzer Prize for her 1984 novel "Foreign Affairs," has written a new novel about a middle-aged couple dealing with the effects of the husband's severe back injury. The comic novel explores the dynamics of middle-aged marriages and imploding relationships, themes Lurie discusses with Gretchen in this often funny interview.