Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
The Book Show
Wed January 3, 2007
The Book Show #964
Albany, NY – This week, Gretchen's guest is novelist Sigrid Nunez, whose new novel "The Last of Her Kind" uses the story of two college roommates from the late 1960s to trace a path through that turbulent period in American history. One friend, raised in an affluent Connecticut family, becomes radically politicized and ends up serving a prison term for murdering a police officer, while the other friend, from a poor upstate New York town, narrates the tale of their freindship.