Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
The Book Show
Wed January 3, 2007
The Book Show #964
Albany, NY – This week, Gretchen's guest is novelist Sigrid Nunez, whose new novel "The Last of Her Kind" uses the story of two college roommates from the late 1960s to trace a path through that turbulent period in American history. One friend, raised in an affluent Connecticut family, becomes radically politicized and ends up serving a prison term for murdering a police officer, while the other friend, from a poor upstate New York town, narrates the tale of their freindship.