Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
The Book Show
Wed August 30, 2006
The Booke Show #946
Albany, NY – Gretchen's guest this week is author Kim Edwards, whose new book "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" tells the story of a doctor who sends away his newborn baby, afflicted with Downs Syndrome, and tells his wife the baby died. A nurse disregards the doctor's instructions and raises the child on her own, which leads to the Downs Syndrome child leading a parallel and secret life apart from her biological family.