Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Thu November 1, 2012
Border Patrol Arrests 3 Just Inside Vermont from Quebec
Federal prosecutors say two men from Montreal and another from the Dominican Republic are being held on charges one of the men allegedly helped the other two cross into the country from Quebec in the Derby, Vt., area without permission.
Prosecutors say 26-year-old Jonas Paul-Emile of Montreal, entered the United States alone in New York on Oct. 28,
The next day Border Patrol agents saw Paul-Emile drive to an area close to the border and stop briefly before leaving the area and getting onto Interstate
91 and driving south.
The car was stopped and agents found 41-year-old Emmanuel Badio, Jr., also of Montreal, in the car along with 30-year-old Juan Rodriguez-Castro of the Dominican Republic. The two did not have permission to be in the country.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.