Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Sun January 6, 2013
Boston Globe's Johnson on Barney Frank's Senate gambit
Political observers widely expect Massachusetts Senator John Kerry to be confirmed as the nation’s next Secretary of State, leaving an interim Senate term to be filled in his wake. What they didn’t expect was the about-face this week by now retired Democratic Congressman Barney Frank, who announced that he would be interested in filling Kerry’s seat in the run-up to a special election. WAMC’s Ian Pickus spoke about Frank’s next act with Glen Johnson, who covers politics for The Boston Globe.