Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Sun January 6, 2013
Boston Globe's Johnson on Barney Frank's Senate gambit
Political observers widely expect Massachusetts Senator John Kerry to be confirmed as the nation’s next Secretary of State, leaving an interim Senate term to be filled in his wake. What they didn’t expect was the about-face this week by now retired Democratic Congressman Barney Frank, who announced that he would be interested in filling Kerry’s seat in the run-up to a special election. WAMC’s Ian Pickus spoke about Frank’s next act with Glen Johnson, who covers politics for The Boston Globe.