Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Sat March 23, 2013
Boston Globe's Matt Viser on possible RNC push to end Iowa caucus
Could the 2016 primary calendar finally put an end to the often laborious Iowa Caucus process? WAMC’s Ian Pickus spoke with Boston Globe reporter Matt Viser to try to find out.
With the president only weeks into his second term, already forces that will shape the 2016 race are in motion, from likely candidates taking supporters’ temperatures to this past weekend’s Conservative Political Action Conference’s soul-searching and straw poll. But primary season could look different next cycle. The Republican National Committee reportedly wants to discourage the role of caucuses, which could pita first-in-the-nation caucus state Iowa against New Hampshire, the first primary state.
New England News