Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue March 30, 2004
Both Sides Plow Ahead After Gay Marriage Vote
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – The gay marriage debate continues after yesterday's vote by Massachusetts lawmakers to ban same sex marriage. The outcome didn't please either end of the spectrum, but many politicians said the vote struck a compromise. Today, Governor Romney continues his appeal to the Attorney General to block same sex marriages from starting to take place in May. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.