Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
North Country News
Mon April 1, 2013
Brattleboro Hospital, Blue Cross Blue Shield Partner
As Vermont prepares for its move toward a single payer health care system, the Brattleboro Retreat and Blue Cross Blue Shield have started a partnership to integrate the treatment of medical and mental health and substance abuse care.
The new company, Vermont Collaborative Care, LLC, will start serving Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont customers on July 1.
The Brattleboro Reformer reports Brattleboro Retreat President Rob Simpson said the new company will have mental health professionals available to doctors and clients in the Blue Cross system.
Kevin Goddard of Blue Cross Blue Shield said a collaboration like this has been talked about for a long time. He said health care reform is driving providers to look at new ways of delivering, and improving service.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.