Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
North Country News
Mon April 1, 2013
Brattleboro Hospital, Blue Cross Blue Shield Partner
As Vermont prepares for its move toward a single payer health care system, the Brattleboro Retreat and Blue Cross Blue Shield have started a partnership to integrate the treatment of medical and mental health and substance abuse care.
The new company, Vermont Collaborative Care, LLC, will start serving Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont customers on July 1.
The Brattleboro Reformer reports Brattleboro Retreat President Rob Simpson said the new company will have mental health professionals available to doctors and clients in the Blue Cross system.
Kevin Goddard of Blue Cross Blue Shield said a collaboration like this has been talked about for a long time. He said health care reform is driving providers to look at new ways of delivering, and improving service.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.