Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
This Is NPR
Thu April 4, 2013
Brews and Tattoos: How Public Radio Stations Get Creative With Pledge Drive Premiums
Originally published on Fri April 19, 2013 8:41 am
Ok, so pledge drive season might not be your most favorite time of the year. But if you are like many of us, it's the thank you gift that really gets you opening your wallet (oh, and all that great programming).
From donations befitting local organizations, to tiny underpants (not that kind), NPR Member Stations are coming up with distinctive and regionally-inspired ways to thank the listeners and fans who support them. Check out the slideshow below to see the pledge gifts, and in some cases gaffs, public radio stations use to share their appreciation.
No matter the gift, contributing to a local station makes a stronger NPR possible. And now that you've seen some of our favorite thank yous, are there any quirky premiums you've received after donating to your Member Station? We'd love to see what else is out there! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lindsay Kearns is the Communications Intern with NPR Marketing, Branding, and Communications Divison.