Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Wed July 11, 2012
Brian Perrotto, Pat Gagnon, and Karen Hill - The Trials and Joys of Foster Parenting
Being a foster parent can be among the most joyful, but challenging experiences. Taking in a troubled, abused child has many rewards for those who take the step and today we will learn more about foster parenting from Brian Perrotto director of foster care for Saint Catherine’s Center for Children in Albany, Pat Gagnon, a foster parent , and Karen Hill, an expert in child welfare education. Brian Perrotto begins the discussion with more about Saint Catherine’s. They spoke with WAMC’s Brian Shields.