Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Wed November 21, 2012
Bright Nights Begins 18th Season In Springfield
One of the largest holiday light displays in New England will be switched on for an 18th season Wednesday night in Springfield Massachusetts.. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
Bright Nights At Forest Park features 650,000 lights in several displays stretching along three miles of road way in Springfield’s largest park. Judy Matt, president of Spirit of Springfield, which presents the display in conjunction with the city park’s department, says they’re hoping for 200,000 visitors this season.
Bright Nights is lit Wednesday through Sunday for the next two weeks, and then nightly from December 5th through January 1st. 15 percent of the display is now energy efficient LED bulbs.