Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Thu June 21, 2012
Brown Agrees to Debate with Warren
BOSTON (AP) — US Senator Scott Brown has agreed to a third debate with Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren.
Brown campaign manager Jim Barnett says the Republican has accepted an invitation from a consortium of Boston media outlets.
The announcement came one day after Brown's campaign declined an invitation to participate in a debate proposed by the widow of Sen. Edward Kennedy.
Brown had sought a promise from Victoria Kennedy that she would not make an endorsement in the race, but the debate's sponsors — the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the U.S. Senate and the University of Massachusetts-Boston — said such a request was "inappropriate."
Brown and Warren had previously agreed to two other debates, one sponsored by a Springfield media consortium and a second by Boston's WBZ-TV.