Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Tue June 19, 2012
Brown Rejects Kennedy Institute Debate Invite
Senator Scott Brown’s campaign says the Republican incumbent won’t take part in a debate hosted by the Kennedy Institute and U-Mass Boston. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
Brown’s campaign said he would not participate in what it labeled a quote..partisan Kennedy debate. Brown had insisted he would consider participating only if Senator Kennedy’s widow, who is chairman of the Boston based institute, agreed to remain neutral in the race between Brown and Democrat Elizabeth Warren. Representatives of the Kennedy Institute called Brown’s demand “ inappropriate”. The Brown and Warren campaigns, have squabbled publically about participating in debates. They’ve so far agreed to just two.. in Boston and one in Springfield..Dates to be determined.