Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Tue June 19, 2012
Brown Rejects Kennedy Institute Debate Invite
Senator Scott Brown’s campaign says the Republican incumbent won’t take part in a debate hosted by the Kennedy Institute and U-Mass Boston. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
Brown’s campaign said he would not participate in what it labeled a quote..partisan Kennedy debate. Brown had insisted he would consider participating only if Senator Kennedy’s widow, who is chairman of the Boston based institute, agreed to remain neutral in the race between Brown and Democrat Elizabeth Warren. Representatives of the Kennedy Institute called Brown’s demand “ inappropriate”. The Brown and Warren campaigns, have squabbled publically about participating in debates. They’ve so far agreed to just two.. in Boston and one in Springfield..Dates to be determined.