Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
New England News
Tue November 6, 2012
Brown-Warren Senate Race Close As Polls Open
The hard fought closely watched race for US Senate in Massachusetts has come down to the wire. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports
With President Obama expected to win Massachusetts by double digits, the outcome of the US Senate race will hinge on which candidate picks off the most Obama voters, in the opinion of Tim Vercellotti, director of polling at Western New England University. A survey four weeks ago found 18 percent of Obama voters going for Scott Brown, but that’s fallen now to ten percent.
The last Western New England University poll had Warren leading Brown by 4 points.