Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Wed April 24, 2013
"Bubby's Kitchen" in at Proctors presented by Union College Hillel
As part of a Holocaust Remembrance Grant awarded to Union College Hillel to examine the Jewish resistance during the war, they are sponsoring Shira Ginsburg’s one-woman show, Bubby’s Kitchen, on Sunday April 28 at 1 p.m. in the GE Theatre at Proctors.
Originally from Troy, where her family ran a dairy farm, Ginsburg is now a cantor in New York City. She retells her grandmother Judith’s (Bubby’s) story of hiding in the woods with the Bielski brothers, weaving together her family’s story of resistance and survival through monologue, and Yiddish, liturgical and musical theatre songs. With a background as a professional actress, singer and songwriter, she has performed on stages in Israel, England and throughout the U.S.
Arts & Culture