Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Wed April 24, 2013
"Bubby's Kitchen" in at Proctors presented by Union College Hillel
As part of a Holocaust Remembrance Grant awarded to Union College Hillel to examine the Jewish resistance during the war, they are sponsoring Shira Ginsburg’s one-woman show, Bubby’s Kitchen, on Sunday April 28 at 1 p.m. in the GE Theatre at Proctors.
Originally from Troy, where her family ran a dairy farm, Ginsburg is now a cantor in New York City. She retells her grandmother Judith’s (Bubby’s) story of hiding in the woods with the Bielski brothers, weaving together her family’s story of resistance and survival through monologue, and Yiddish, liturgical and musical theatre songs. With a background as a professional actress, singer and songwriter, she has performed on stages in Israel, England and throughout the U.S.
Arts & Culture