Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New York News
Tue April 3, 2007
Budget Aid to NY School Districts
By Dave Lucas
Albany, NY – Governor Spitzer is on a statewide budget-promotion tour trumpeting the higher state spending on schools. Under the new budget, state aid to local schools will grow by more than 10 percent to almost $20 billion. It's great news for urban and Long Island school districts, not-so-great news for Capital Region school districts. Capital District Bureau Chief Dave Lucas Reports.