Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue June 15, 2004
Budget -- with Charter School Moratorium -- Heads to Romney
By Kelly Wilkinson
Adams, MA – Massachusetts is on track to have a final budget in place before the fiscal year begins on July 1. Lawmakers agreed late last night to a $24 billion budget plan. After final approval, the budget heads to Governor Mitt Romney for his review and any vetoes. He's already said he will reject a measure that would stop the opening of five new charters schools around the state - including one in Berkshire County. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson reports.