Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Tue June 15, 2004
Budget -- with Charter School Moratorium -- Heads to Romney
By Kelly Wilkinson
Adams, MA – Massachusetts is on track to have a final budget in place before the fiscal year begins on July 1. Lawmakers agreed late last night to a $24 billion budget plan. After final approval, the budget heads to Governor Mitt Romney for his review and any vetoes. He's already said he will reject a measure that would stop the opening of five new charters schools around the state - including one in Berkshire County. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson reports.