Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Thu December 20, 2012
Burlington City Council Rejects Tar Sands Oil
Burlington leaders have approved resolutions opposing the transport of tar sands oil through Vermont.
During their weekly meeting, Burlington Vermont City Councillors passed resolutions opposing a plan to transport tar sand oil from Canada thru Vermont.
It also called on the state to phase out any fuel purchases that originate from tar sands and asks that the city divest in any investments related to tar sands.
Mayor Miro Weinberger approved and signed the resolutions on Thursday.