Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Thu December 20, 2012
Burlington City Council Rejects Tar Sands Oil
Burlington leaders have approved resolutions opposing the transport of tar sands oil through Vermont.
During their weekly meeting, Burlington Vermont City Councillors passed resolutions opposing a plan to transport tar sand oil from Canada thru Vermont.
It also called on the state to phase out any fuel purchases that originate from tar sands and asks that the city divest in any investments related to tar sands.
Mayor Miro Weinberger approved and signed the resolutions on Thursday.