Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
North Country News
Thu August 1, 2013
Burlington Man to Lead Green Mountain Care Board
A Burlington businessman is taking over as chair of the Green Mountain Care Board.
Governor Peter Shumlin announced the appointment of Al Gobeille on Thursday. He says Gobeille's leadership skills and business experience make him the ideal chairman, and says Gobeille has an uncanny ability to translate health care jargon into easily understandable explanations.
The five-member board was created to reduce the rate of growth in health care costs, regulate hospital spending and capital expenditures, and curb the growth in health insurance rates.
Gobeille replaces Anya Rader Wallack, who announced her departure from the board in the spring.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.