Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Thu August 1, 2013
Burlington Man to Lead Green Mountain Care Board
A Burlington businessman is taking over as chair of the Green Mountain Care Board.
Governor Peter Shumlin announced the appointment of Al Gobeille on Thursday. He says Gobeille's leadership skills and business experience make him the ideal chairman, and says Gobeille has an uncanny ability to translate health care jargon into easily understandable explanations.
The five-member board was created to reduce the rate of growth in health care costs, regulate hospital spending and capital expenditures, and curb the growth in health insurance rates.
Gobeille replaces Anya Rader Wallack, who announced her departure from the board in the spring.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.