Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Mon October 22, 2012
Burlington Mayor Requests Changes After Party
The mayor in Burlington is calling for immediate changes to reviewing events on city-owned parks property after about two dozen young people were hospitalized or taken into custody for intoxication at a rave-like event in a municipal auditorium.
The Barstool Blackout Tour party attracted about 2,000 people to the Memorial Auditorium on Friday. The city's parks and recreation department approved the permit for the event.
Mayor Miro Weinberger tells the Burlington Free Press it's unacceptable that an event that generated that level of dangerous intoxication happened on city-owned property.
He said a lower-level city parks employee, without guidelines, approved the permit request in April.
Jesse Bridges, who just took over as head of the agency, said he will follow up on what happened.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.