Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Mon October 22, 2012
Burlington Mayor Requests Changes After Party
The mayor in Burlington is calling for immediate changes to reviewing events on city-owned parks property after about two dozen young people were hospitalized or taken into custody for intoxication at a rave-like event in a municipal auditorium.
The Barstool Blackout Tour party attracted about 2,000 people to the Memorial Auditorium on Friday. The city's parks and recreation department approved the permit for the event.
Mayor Miro Weinberger tells the Burlington Free Press it's unacceptable that an event that generated that level of dangerous intoxication happened on city-owned property.
He said a lower-level city parks employee, without guidelines, approved the permit request in April.
Jesse Bridges, who just took over as head of the agency, said he will follow up on what happened.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.