Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
North Country News
Thu August 29, 2013
Burlington Teachers Agree to 3-year Contract
Teachers in the Burlington School District have agreed to a three-year contract that provides annual raises averaging 4 percent.
The Burlington Education Association, which represents about 375 teachers, ratified the agreement Friday, and the district announced the agreement Tuesday.
The contract does not change teachers' health-insurance contributions of 15 percent of the premium.
According to the district, Burlington teachers' pay scales ranked seventh or lower among Chittenden County districts before the new contract. At the end of three years, Burlington is expected to move up to fifth place.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.