Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
North Country News
Thu August 29, 2013
Burlington Teachers Agree to 3-year Contract
Teachers in the Burlington School District have agreed to a three-year contract that provides annual raises averaging 4 percent.
The Burlington Education Association, which represents about 375 teachers, ratified the agreement Friday, and the district announced the agreement Tuesday.
The contract does not change teachers' health-insurance contributions of 15 percent of the premium.
According to the district, Burlington teachers' pay scales ranked seventh or lower among Chittenden County districts before the new contract. At the end of three years, Burlington is expected to move up to fifth place.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.