Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Thu September 6, 2012
Burlington, Vermont City Council to Consider Marijuana Question
The Burlington city council is going to consider asking voters in Vermont's largest city whether marijuana should be legalized and taxed.
Progressive Councilor Max Tracy says he is planning to ask the council next week to consider adding the non-binding referendum to the city's ballot in November.
He says the idea is not an endorsement of marijuana use nor a call for legislative action. Rather, he says it's a way to survey the opinion of voters on the issue.
Tracy tells the Burlington Free Press he hopes other councilors and the voters are open to the conversation.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.