Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Tue September 11, 2012
Burlington, Vermont to Vote on Legalizing Pot
Voters in the Vermont city of Burlington will be asked in November whether they would support legalizing and taxing marijuana.
The Burlington City Council on Monday approved several measures for the November ballot, including the pot question.
WCAX-TV reports that voters also will be asked whether they support a $9 million bond to help boost the city's credit rating and a half-cent increase in the property tax to help pay for rehabilitating the bike path.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.