Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Tue September 11, 2012
Burlington, Vermont to Vote on Legalizing Pot
Voters in the Vermont city of Burlington will be asked in November whether they would support legalizing and taxing marijuana.
The Burlington City Council on Monday approved several measures for the November ballot, including the pot question.
WCAX-TV reports that voters also will be asked whether they support a $9 million bond to help boost the city's credit rating and a half-cent increase in the property tax to help pay for rehabilitating the bike path.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.