Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Tue March 12, 2013
Bus Carrying Vermont Lacrosse Team Crashes in NY
Police say one person died when a bus carrying a college lacrosse team from Vermont hit a sports car that spun out of control on a wet upstate New York highway.
State Police Lt. Greg Thomas says the accident happened just before noon Tuesday on Interstate 87 in Saratoga County, about 150 miles north of New York City.
He says a 64-year-old woman was killed when the bus hit the car. The 65-year-old man who was driving is in critical condition.
Police say four players on the St. Michael's College team bus were treated for minor injuries.
They're among 34 players, three coaches and a driver headed to a game in a New York City suburb. The bus landed on its side off the road.
A van was also damaged.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.