Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Fri March 25, 2005
Bush Appointee Bashes Amtrak
By Eesha Williams
Northampton, MA – Federal Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta was in Boston this week promoting President Bush's plans for Amtrak. Bush wants to eliminate all federal funding for Amtrak. Massachusetts Senator John Kerry says that would mean the end of passenger rail service between cities in New York and New England. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Eesha Williams has more.