Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri March 25, 2005
Bush Appointee Bashes Amtrak
By Eesha Williams
Northampton, MA – Federal Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta was in Boston this week promoting President Bush's plans for Amtrak. Bush wants to eliminate all federal funding for Amtrak. Massachusetts Senator John Kerry says that would mean the end of passenger rail service between cities in New York and New England. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Eesha Williams has more.