Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New York News
Tue January 15, 2013
Business Brisk at NY Gun Shops
Sales of guns and ammunition at shops across New York State have been brisk today.
Gun shop owners saw increases in sales begin within a week of the Sandy Hook Elementary School incident, as talk spread about imposing stricter gun control measures. Sales are off the chart today: lines of vehicles along roadways leading to gun stores - citizens anxious to purchase equipment before Governor Andrew Cuomo's sweeping gun reform measures become law.
New York State Rifle and Pistol Association President Tom King has been on the phone with colleagues and the media since early in the morning.
Tom King has a warning for Republicans who voted in favor of the new gun laws:
King expects heavy support for candidates who take strong pro-2nd Amendment stances during the next election cycle. He says political fallout is inevitable.