Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Wed September 19, 2012
Originally published on Wed September 19, 2012 6:51 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with an adjustment to the oil supply.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
INSKEEP: Saudi Arabia is offering more oil to its major customers. The Financial Times reports that the Saudis may be responding to a request by finance ministers from Group of Seven, the largest economies in the world. The move would likely push gas prices down and help stimulate economic growth. The average gas price at U.S. pumps rose to $3.88 last week - that is the highest ever for the month of September. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.