Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Wed January 30, 2013
Fourth-Quarter Reports: Boeing Profits Up, Amazon Down
Originally published on Wed January 30, 2013 10:44 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with steady profits from Boeing.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: Despite having to ground its 787 Dreamliners because of battery trouble, Boeing plans to deliver dozens more Dreamliners this year. And the aerospace company says it assumes the Dreamliner woes will have little impact on its 2013 finances. The big cyberspace retailer Amazon.com reported a drop in profits yesterday. But investors sent the stock surging after seeing strength in some of Amazon's core businesses. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.